Body weight and satiety signals. I dive into one of the most fascinating series of studies I’ve ever come across.
New subscribers to our e-newsletter always receive a free gift. Get yours here: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
If you weren’t blown away by the eye-opening revelations in that video, you may want to watch it again to fully absorb it all.
This is the first in a four-video series on the factors that can lead to over-eating and satiety. Stay tuned for:
• Foods Designed to Hijack Our Appetites (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/foods-designed-to-hijack-our-appetites)
• How Variation Can Trump Sensation and Lead to Overeating (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-variation-can-trump-sensation-and-lead-to-overeating)
• Exploiting Sensory-Specific Satiety for Weight Loss (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/exploiting-sensory-specific-satiety-for-weight-loss)
For more on healthy weight loss, check out my Evidence-Based Weight Loss (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/evidence-based-weight-loss-live-presentation) presentation and my book How Not to Diet (https://nutritionfacts.org/book/how-not-to-diet/). (All proceeds from my books are donated to charity.)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/200-pound-weight-loss-without-hunger and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at https://nutritionfacts.org/video/200-pound-weight-loss-without-hunger. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages; you can find yours in the video settings. View important information about our translated resources: https://nutritionfacts.org/translations-info/
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: www.instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org
• Books: https://nutritionfacts.org/books
• Shop: https://drgreger.org
This content was originally published here.